We have sent two teams to Ghana …
Participants were offered a chance to encounter and explore:
1. how poverty and economic gaps are manifested in society;
2. the historical and structural roots of poverty;
3. the economic impact of poverty on the social and physical environment;
4. local explanations and solutions to poverty;
5. the poor and the elite in education;
6. various forms of education and leadership training;
7. the impact of education on identity.;
8. education as a catalyst and sustainable empowerment tool for community building.
“I felt the wounded dignity as I walked through the (slave) dungeons.
I pray that we can learn from this history and move forward
with a greater respect for all humanity.”