This program aims to provide youths with financial support for overseas exploration. Our scheme emphasized on the learning and practice of compassionate justice. It aligns with EYGD mission in empowering youths to encounter different social, economic, and cultural contexts globally and locally so that they may develop glocal citizenships and developing global citizenship and impacting global and local communities. It allows youths to be proactive, taking initiation and planning their own trip under the theme of compassionate justice. Through planned and unplanned learning opportunities, the abilities in problem solving, interpersonal communication skill and resources managements can be greatly enhanced. Due to easing of global travel restrictions, local youths are yearning in overseas exploration. The scheme allows more flexible and choices to cater for great diversity in learning interests, capabilities and countries.
- Compassionate Justice
Application Unit and Subsidy
- Individual – maximum of HKD 5,000 per person
- Team of 2 to 4 people – maximum of HKD 10,000 per team
Application and Selection
- Complete online application form along with an expedition proposal.
- Interview will be conducted for shortlisted candidates.
- Selected proposal will be subsidized a proportion of their proposed budget. The maximum subsidy is HKD 5,000 (for individual proposal) or HKD 10,000 (for team proposal).
- Only one application and proposal shall be submitted per person. Repeated entries will be disqualified.
- Adding social values, in particular, Compassionate Justice to Hong Kong
- Potential to apply learned skills and values to local communities.
- Bring positive impacts to overseas communities
- Relevance to Compassionate Justice
- Sensible Health and Safety assessments
- Efficient and effective expenditures
Subsidy Scheme Requirements
- Attend Program Information Session
- Meeting with EYGD staff for progress report: 3 meetings
- Daily updates during the trip in overseas.
- Post-trip reporting and presentation.
- Short video, photos and filled in expense report form.
- Videos, photos and reports will be used by the organizers for exhibition, publication, broadcasting or other publicity purposes.
- Organizers reserve the right to adapt contents to suit our purposes.
- November 7, 2022 (3:00 p.m.)
For enquiries, please contact Candice Au at 3594 8436 or email email@example.com